Cart 0 items: $0.00

Close

Qty Item Description Price Total
  Subtotal $0.00

View Cart

 
Your Account  |  Login

Unfortunately, we cannot ship to the following states:  Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Maryland, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Utah.

2014 Reserve Chardonnay
Wine Specs
Vintage
2014
Varietal
Chardonnay
Appellation
Alexander Valley
Aging
Additional aging took place in one-year-old Burgundian barriques, on fine lees. The wine spent a total of 16 months in a combination of cask and barrel.
Fermentation
This wine showcases the power and sophistication of our vineyard. It was fermented entirely in 900-gallon French oak casks. Indigenous yeasts were used, and it underwent 100% spontaneous malolactic fermentation.
Alcohol %
14.2

2014 Reserve Chardonnay

In Stock
Add To Cart
$42.00
 
SKU: SLCHR142
Add To Cart
$504.00
/ Case of 12
 

Striking a lovely balanced between richness and elegance, this silky-textured Chardonnay evolves in the glass. Alluring layers of pear, caramelized lemon, hazelnut and vanilla slowly give way to more complex honeysuckle, mineral and spice notes. The flavors are framed by just enough acidity to add poise and focus on the long finish.

Wine Profile
Vineyards
60% of our 2014 Reserve Chardonnay comes from 42-year-old vines, with the remaining 40% being younger Clone 72 grapes. Our old-vine grapes produce very low yields, with signature flavors of Asian pear and spice, while the younger vines provide citrus notes and good acidity.
The Vintage
In 2014, a very mild winter and spring resulted in early budbreak and bloom. While drought conditions continued in 2014, some extremely well-timed spring rains helped achieve a good moisture profile in our estate soils, and contributed to exceptional quality fruit. While everything happened earlier in 2014, a good size crop slowed the overall pace of ripening, ultimately providing approximately the same amount of hangtime as a normal year, but with the fruit coming into the winery well in advance of any fall rains.
Product Reviews
Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank: